Kevin M. Cornell
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI(V) / Detroit
Mr. Cornell has over 20 years in firefighting, fire and arson investigation experience. Along with an A.A. in Applied Science, he is a graduate of the Police Reserve Academy in Washtenaw County, MI and holds a School of Fire Staff and Command certification from Eastern Michigan University. He is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators as well as a Certified Fire Instructor and Certified Fire Inspector with the State of Michigan. He is also a Certified Plans Examiner and Certified Emergency Medical Technician.
He has completed numerous courses and seminars on fire investigation including several with the Michigan State Police Fire Marshal Division. Since 2008, Mr. Cornell has served as an instructor through the Washtenaw Area Mutual Aid Association, teaching courses in fire investigation, EMT and evidence preservation to new firefighters .
Over his 20 plus year career, he has conducted fire and explosion investigations on commercial and residential structures and on motor vehicles ranging from passenger cars to charter buses and semi-trailer trucks.
Education and Certifications
• Applied Science, A.A.: Washtenaw Community College
• School of Fire Staff and Command Certification: Eastern Michigan University
• Police Reserve Academy: Washtenaw Community College
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Fire Investigator: National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications
• Certified Fire Instructor: State of Michigan
• Certified Fire Inspector: State of Michigan
• Certified Plans Examiner: National Fire Protection Association
• Emergency Medical Technician: State of Michigan
• Medical Instructor/Coordinator: State of Michigan