Kevin M. Cornell
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI(V) / Birmingham
Mr. Kevin Cornell holds an A.A. in Applied Science and is a graduate of the Police Reserve Academy in Washtenaw County, Michigan. He holds a School of Fire Staff and Command certification from Eastern Michigan University. Mr. Cornell is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators. He is a Certified Fire Instructor and Certified Fire Inspector with the State of Michigan. He is also a Certified Plans Examiner and Certified Emergency Medical Technician.
Mr. Cornell has over 20 years in firefighting, including fire and arson investigation experience. For more than 12 years, he has served as an instructor through the Washtenaw Area Mutual Aid Association, teaching courses in fire investigation, EMT, and evidence preservation to new firefighters.
Mr. Cornell has completed numerous courses and seminars on fire investigation throughout his extensive career, including several with the Michigan State Police Fire Marshal Division.
Over his 20 plus year career, Mr. Cornell has conducted fire and explosion investigations on commercial and residential structures and motor vehicles, including passenger cars, charter buses, and semi-trailer trucks.
As a forensic fire investigator, Mr. Cornell is responsible for overseeing and determining the origin and cause of fire/explosion scenes and handling fire scenes that lead to subrogation on commercial and residential structure fires.
Mr. Cornell is licensed in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois.
Education and Certifications
• Applied Science, A.A.: Washtenaw Community College
• School of Fire Staff and Command Certification: Eastern Michigan University
• Police Reserve Academy: Washtenaw Community College
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Fire Investigator: National Board on Fire Service Professional Qualifications
• Certified Fire Instructor: State of Michigan
• Certified Fire Inspector: State of Michigan
• Certified Plans Examiner: National Fire Protection Association
• Emergency Medical Technician: State of Michigan
• Medical Instructor/Coordinator: State of Michigan