Kieran J. Purcell
Director, Environmental Division / P.E., LEED® AP / Austin
Mr. Purcell is an environmental engineer with extensive experience of the environmental industry. Upon graduating, Mr. Purcell went to work as an engineering assistant and was involved in the remediation of marine oil spills. While with Rimkus, Mr. Purcell has evaluated hundreds of contaminated properties including manufactured gas plants, refineries, superfund sites, and commercial/industrial spill sites (i.e. service station, pipeline releases, rail yards, dry cleaners, landfills, etc.).
Mr. Purcell has conducted sampling investigations and laboratory testing, delineated the extent of affected media, specified and designed remedial systems, and evaluated the feasibility of performing alternative remedial strategies including long-term economic evaluations. He has also provided consulting services to determine cause and origin of property contamination, to identify potentially responsible parties (PRP’s), to determine pollutant timing (soil and groundwater), and to evaluate Natural Resource Damages (NRD).
In addition to Mr. Purcell’s technical experience, he is knowledgeable in Federal and State regulations, and is proficient with various software packages including spreadsheets and databases, groundwater plume modeling, and computer aided drawing (CAD) programs. More recently, Mr. Purcell has been involved in development of an allocation cost model for complex environmental sites.
Education and Certifications
• Environmental Engineering, B.S.: SUNY College at Syracuse University
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Texas # 87025
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED® AP): USGBC
• NCEES Council Record (multiple jurisdictions): NCEES #24583
• OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (Hazwoper) Certified
• LPST Project Manager: License # PM0000499