Larry D. Harris
Senior Consultant / ACTAR / Nashville
Mr. Harris received his M.I.T. degree in Information Assurance and Security along with his B.I.T. degree in Computer Forensics from American InterContinental University, Illinois. He is also an accredited traffic accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR).
He has 13 years of law enforcement experience with 7 years in vehicle accident reconstruction. He completed over 140 fatal and serious bodily injury investigations including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicycles, and train collisions. Accident types investigated include head-on, angled, sideswipe, rear end, and rollover.
Mr. Harris is trained to image and analyze crash data from the vehicle’s event data recorder. He has imaged and analyzed data from over 200 accidents determining vehicle pre-impact speed, accident change of velocity forces, steering, and braking.
He has examined vehicle accidents for headlight and seat belt usage. He has examined vehicle damage and passenger injury to determine occupant placement.
Education and Certification
• Information Technology, M.I.T.: American InterContinental University
• Information Technology, B.I.T.: American InterContinental University
• Information System Technology, A.S.: Community College of the Air Force
• At Scene Crash Investigation
• Advance Crash Investigation
• Crash Reconstruction
• Motorcycle Crash Investigation
• Pedestrian/Bicycle Crash Investigation
• Vehicle Crash Data Retrieval and Analysis
• Train Grade Crossing Collision
• Human Factors in Traffic Crash Investigation
• Occupant Kinematics for the Traffic Crash Reconstructionist
• Driving Under the Influence Instructor
• Tint Meter Operator Course
• Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: ACTAR #3059