Lee Ann Grossberg
Forensic Pathology Special Consultant / M.D. / Houston
Dr. Grossberg is a board-certified pathologist with licensures in seven states. She earned her medical degree in 1993 from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas. She then completed a residency in pathology at the University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC, where she received five years of combined training in anatomic and clinical pathology. Dr. Grossberg additionally completed a sixth year of specialized training in forensic pathology at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the State of North Carolina.
Upon completion of her training in 1999, Dr. Grossberg worked as a medical examiner at the Harris County Medical Examiner’s Office in Houston, TX. In 2001, Dr. Grossberg founded Forensic Pathology Consultation Services, P.A., a consulting firm that provides expert witnessing/consultation services to the legal community for death related cases. In her career, Dr. Grossberg has performed over a thousand autopsies and has reviewed or participated in over a thousand more. She has extensive experience testifying in court. In addition to her consulting firm, Dr. Grossberg continues to perform autopsies on a locum tenens basis at various medical examiner offices in need of her services. Dr. Grossberg is board certified in anatomic pathology, clinical pathology, and forensic pathology.
Dr. Grossberg’s areas of expertise are: cause and manner of death determination, interpretation and explanation of autopsy/toxicology reports to aid the attorney in his/her understanding of the case and to assist in answering attorneys’ case-specific questions, estimation of time of death, accidental deaths, traffic fatalities, estimation of time to loss of consciousness, toxicology-related deaths, homicides, suicides, natural or medically-related deaths and questions of malpractice regarding cause of death (not questions of treatment), injury pattern recognition, and work-related fatalities.
Education and Certifications
• St. John’s School, Houston, TX
• Plan II Interdisciplinary Honors Program, B.S.: University of Texas
• Research Assistant: M.D. Anderson Summer Student Research Program, Dept. of Cellular Genetics
• Medicine, M.D.: University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
• Resident: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, University of North Carolina Hospitals
• Forensic Pathology, Fellow: Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
• Anatomic Pathology, Fellow: University of North Carolina Hospitals
• Board Certifications: Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology, Forensic Pathology
• State Medical Licensures: Arizona (#30251); Indiana (#01055660A); Kansas (#04-29735); Missouri (#2002007098); Texas (#K8780); Utah (#5170935-1205); Wisconsin (#44835-020)