Leroy R. Waite
Senior Consultant / Ph.D., P.E. / Philadelphia
Dr. Waite received his Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from Iowa State University, where he also studied Mechanical Engineering. His upper-level coursework focused on biomechanics, ultrasound, medical instrumentation, and biomedical fluid mechanics. He is a registered professional engineer in more than a dozen states, a Certified XL Tribometrist and he speaks fluent German, in addition to his native English language. His primary areas of consulting expertise include injury consistency biomechanics, vehicle accident reconstruction, medical device failures, fluid and biofluid mechanics.
As a forensics consultant, Dr. Waite performs biomechanical analysis on cases involving low-speed vehicle accidents, occupational injuries, driver determination, falling objects, helmet and seat belt usage, sports-related injuries, and slip/trip/fall incidents. He also performs occupant motion studies to determine injury potential/consistency, vehicle occupant positions, and seatbelt/helmet use. He uses both computer and physical models to reconstruct those accidents and to measure the load and injury levels. His expertise has been beneficial to insurance carriers, law firms, risk managers, and corporate clients.
Education and Certifications
- Biomedical Engineering, Ph.D.: Iowa State University
- Biomedical Engineering, M.S.: Iowa State University
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.M.E.: Iowa State University
- Registered Professional Engineer: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia
- Certified XL Tribometrist Certification Program: EXCEL Tribometers, LLC