Lindsay M. Oleson
Transportation Division Manager, West Region / P.E., ACTAR / Phoenix
Along with a B.S. degree in Bioengineering, Ms. Oleson is a registered Mechanical Engineer in California and an accredited Accident Reconstructionist through the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #2858). She is also trained and experienced in reconstruction technologies, including digital site mapping and the collection and analysis of Event Data Recorder information from passenger cars and commercial vehicles.
Ms. Oleson has spent her career focused on vehicle accident reconstruction, injury causation biomechanics, and driver behavior/human factors. Her areas of expertise include occupant dynamics, vehicle dynamics, and accident reconstruction.
She is trained and experienced in the collection and analysis of Event Data Recorder (“black box”) information from passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles as it relates to accident reconstruction. Ms. Oleson performs biomechanical analysis on cases involving low-speed and high-severity accidents, driver determination, restraint and helmet usage, slip and falls, and other accidental events. She has reconstructed vehicle accidents involving passenger vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, commercial vehicles, and vehicle rollovers.
Education and Certifications
• Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering, B.S.: Arizona State University
• Registered Professional Engineer: California
• Crash Data Retrieval System Operator and Trainer: Collision Safety Institute
• Accredited Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #2858)
• Federal Aviation Administration Licensed Remote Pilot: Certificate #4118223