Luke M. Sharara
District Manager / P.E., M.S. / Nashville / Louisville / Memphis
Mr. Sharara received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Construction Engineering & Management at American University in Cairo, Egypt.
Mr. Sharara's areas of expertise include project management, schematic design to construction completion, scheduling, contract administration, field investigation, cost estimation, project budgeting, and cost control. He has designed structures utilizing steel, concrete, masonry, and wood. In addition, he has supervised the construction of banks, medical clinics, retail stores, and large residential projects. Mr. Sharara is also experienced in evaluating moisture/water intrusion, construction defects, structural analysis, concrete and masonry cracking, and retaining wall failures. He has investigated flooring failures, building settlements and collapses, along with wind, hail, fire, hurricane, tornado, flooding, vibration blasting, construction equipment vibrations and earthquake damage. He has also performed numerous premises liability evaluations and building code analyses. He has performed investigations to identify sinkhole activity and to determine the extent of the damage of structures underlain by sinkholes.
- Investigations for insurance, law firms, contractors, and property owners
- Roof damage from hail, wind, water intrusion, collapse, and truss failures
- Building Envelope and exterior cladding evaluations
- Moisture assessment in crawlspace, basement foundations, and structures with EIFS siding material
- Evaluation of wood flooring, ceramic tile, marble tile, and vinyl flooring
- Brick veneer evaluations in Tennessee and Indiana
- Structural assessment of blasting vibration damage in Kentucky and Tennessee, and construction equipment vibrations in Indiana and Kentucky
- Repair vs. replacement evaluations
- Assessment of hurricane damage in Florida, earthquake damage in Southern Illinois and Indiana, tornado damage in the Midwest and Tennessee,and flooding damage in Tennessee, Kentucky, and Northern Indiana.
- Foundation, soil stability, and sinkhole evaluations.
- Schematic design, design development, and construction documents
- Coordinated, managed, and supervised construction activities and trades
- Ensured compliance with standards, plans, specifications, and allocated budgets
- Preparing plans, schedules, and cost control of large scale projects including residential, commercial, and industrial
- B.S. Construction Engineering & Management, American University
- M.S. Construction Engineering and Management, American University
- Professional Engineer in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee
- English XL Tribometer Certification