Mark A. Rhodes
Eastern Region Senior Construction Division Manager / P.E. / Atlanta
Mr. Rhodes is a graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering. He also has a Masters of Science degree in Construction Management from Southern Polytechnic State University. During his 24 years, Mr. Rhodes has provided construction and engineering inspections on numerous projects. He has initiated and managed multi-year geotechnical and materials testing contracts. He has consulted on a variety of complex geotechnical engineering applications, particularly construction related. Mr. Rhodes has extensive experience in the design/implementation of construction materials and repair techniques for all types of projects. Some of his construction and design specialties include earthwork, foundations, concrete (mix designs, field problems, and repair), structural metals, coatings, roofing, waterproofing, pavements, and polymer materials.
For nine years, Mr. Rhodes was also the Resident Engineer on several projects on the MARTA system in addition to his other duties. He had the overall responsibility for the project construction management. He was responsible for all schedule adherence and construction const management. He has extensive experience in all areas of construction management and administration.
- Sinkhole investigation for a 1,000,000 sf commercial facility in East TN
- Construction dewatering damage evaluation due to large adjacent transportation project
- Numerous commercial and residential roof evaluations for wind, hail and/or construction defects
- Waterproofing failure evaluation for large commercial/municipal project
- Construction vibration damage evaluation for large multi-story commercial building from adjacent retail construction
- Grading and slope failure evaluation for 1,000,000+ sf multi-tenant commercial project
- Segmental retaining wall failures and condition assessments throughout the Eastern US
- Construction Manager/Resident Engineer for several large transportation projects
- Foundation and grading inspections/evaluations for hundreds of commercial/government/industrial/residential projects
- B.S. Civil Engineering - Georgia Institute of Technology
- M.S. Construction Management - Southern Polytechnic State University
- Registered Professional Engineer - Georgia, South Carolina, Mississippi, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama and Kentucky