Mark A. Rhodes
Senior Construction Practice Leader / P.E., LEED® AP / Atlanta
Mr. Rhodes holds a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and an M.S. degree in Construction Management and is a registered professional engineer in multiple states.
During his career, Mr. Rhodes has provided construction materials and geotechnical engineering services and supervised construction materials testing services and engineering inspections on numerous projects. He has initiated and managed multi-year geotechnical and materials testing contracts. He has consulted on a variety of complex geotechnical engineering applications, particularly construction related.
Mr. Rhodes has extensive experience in the design/implementation of construction materials and repair techniques for all types of projects. Some of his construction and design specialties include earthwork, foundations, concrete (mix designs, field problems and repair), structural metals, coatings, pavements and polymer materials. For nine years, Mr. Rhodes was also the resident engineer on several projects on the MARTA system in addition to his other duties. He had the overall responsibility for the project construction management. He was responsible for all schedule adherence and construction cost management. He has extensive experience in all areas of construction management and administration.
Mr. Rhodes’ primary areas of expertise are in geotechnical engineering, construction materials consulting, catastrophe damage evaluation, building structural assessment, building envelope (roofing, facades and waterproofing) failures, construction dispute resolution, construction contract review, and construction defects. He has also provided engineering consultations and deposition testimony to attorneys for construction, forensic, and cause and origin disputes.
Education and Certifications
• Civil Engineering, B.S.: Georgia Institute of Technology
• Construction Management, M.S.: Southern Polytechnic State University
• Registered Professional Engineer: Georgia (#20677), South Carolina (#24565), Tennessee (#110293), Kentucky (#24411), Mississippi (#16999), Alabama (#27271), Florida (#63510), New Hampshire (#13742), Virginia (#050398), Rhode Island (#9899), Maryland (#42571), Pennsylvania (#PE079887), District of Columbia (#PE906804), Delaware (#18006), West Virginia (#20023), Maine (#13131), Connecticut (#29319) and New York (#092132), New Jersey (24GE05122200), Texas (123984), Missouri (2014026245)
• Registered Roof Consultant: RCI, Inc. (#747)
• LEED® Accredited Professional, Building Design and Construction (BD+C) Specialty: U.S. Green Building Council
• Certified Mobile Crane & Rigging Inspector: Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau (#MRCI-12-0606-1071)
• Level II Design Professional: Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission