Mark K. Simpson
Fire Consultant / CFI, CFEI / Raleigh
Mr. Simpson is a Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators and a Certified Fire and Explosions Investigator (CFEI-NAFI) with the National Association of Fire Investigators.
Mr. Simpson has a combined 34 years of fire service and fire investigative experience. He served the City of Flint Fire Department for 23 years and has been in the private fire investigative field for the last 13 years. He was recognized by the Michigan Chapter of Arson Investigators as Fire Investigator of the Year in 2014.
He has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation. Mr. Simpson has testified in court proceedings and depositions involving the investigation of fire.
Mr. Simpson areas of extensive expertise in all fields of the fire service, with over 23 years of municipal fire service experience. Mr. Simpson served the City of Flint Fire department as a Firefighter Emergency Medical Technician, Engine Apparatus Operator, Sergeant, and Lieutenant and was decorated as Firefighter of the Year in 1999.
Education and Certifications
• Fire Science (in work): Mott Community College
• Fire Investigation 1: Michigan State Police
• Fire Investigation 2: Michigan State Police
• Fire Investigation Vehicle Fire Investigation: Michigan State Police
• Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators (CFI #05-060676)
• Certified Fire and Explosions Investigator (CFEI-NAFI): National Association of Fire Investigators (CFEI # 15122-861)