Mark R. Barrow
Eastern Region Senior Property Division Manager / P.E. / Pensacola
Mr. Barrow received his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Florida. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina and Texas.
Throughout his career, Mr. Barrow has served as an engineer, senior engineer, engineering manager, and operations manager in the fields of design, development, construction, and testing of wind rated residential and commercial sectional garage doors and hurricane shutters, as well as the management and design of post-tensioned concrete, reinforced concrete, structural steel, masonry, and wood-framed structures in the residential, commercial, industrial, and educational fields.
Mr. Barrow's specific areas of experience include cause and origin failure analysis, investigation, and forensic engineering pertaining to various civil and structural engineering related systems. This includes, but is not limited to, single and multi-family dwellings, warehouses, office buildings, shopping centers, apartment and condominium complexes, hotels, foundations, soils, retaining structures, concrete, pilings, masonry, roofs, building components, waterproofing details, construction materials, slabs, building codes, industry standards, storm damage, water infiltration damage, floor slip-resistance research and coefficient-of-friction testing and analysis, and structural fire damage and salvageability.
- Litigated construction defect cases
- Designated expert for exterior cladding systems, flashing, and other building components.
- Building types include single family residences, multi-family residences, and custom residences.
- Property assessments
- Evaluation and condition assessments of single family residences, multi-family residences, custom residences, manufacturing facilities, hotels, commercial properties, office buildings, governmental buildings for various reasons including water intrusion, wind damage, hail damage, and settlement.
- Premises liability cases
- Various assignments in personal injury or premises liability for slip/trip/fall cases.
- Evaluation of various properties for compliance with ADA standards, building codes, and safety standards.
- B.S. - Civil Engineering, University of Florida
- Registered Professional Engineer - Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas