Marshall S. Hilton
Consultant / P.E., LEED AP BD+C / Portland
Mr. Hilton holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering and a Master of Architecture degree from the University of Kansas. He has over 10 years of experience in building systems, HVAC, electrical, energy, plumbing, and thermal analysis. He has passed the National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors (NCEES) licensing exams in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
Mr. Hilton was appointed to a state building code advisory board for California’s adoption of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and energy codes. He is an expert in energy modeling and the application of green building codes, standards, rating systems, and technologies. Mr. Hilton has extensive knowledge and experience in the design of innovative mechanical systems to achieve jurisdictional compliance in commercial indoor horticulture and chemical extraction facilities.
Mr. Hilton conducted a 50 building utilities study for a bio-tech campus including manufacturing, laboratories and commercial offices leading to a half-billion dollar decision regarding co-locating energy systems. Other larger projects of Mr. Hilton’s have included a half-million square foot new hospital and cancer research facility as well as a comparably sized airport terminal at San Francisco International Airport.
Education and Registrations
- B.S. – Architectural Engineering – University of Kansas
- M.Arch – Architecture – University of Kansas
- Registered Professional Engineer – CA, CO, OR, PA, WA
- NCEES Principles and Practices Exams in both mechanical and electrical engineering
- ASHRAE – Member and Certified High Performance Building Design Professional
- California Building Code Advisory Board – Governor Appointed Energy Modeler