Marshall S. Hilton
Consultant / P.E., LEED AP BD+C / Portland
Mr. Hilton holds a B.S. in Architectural Engineering and a M.Arch in Architecture as well as National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors (NCEES) licensing exams in both Mechanical and Electrical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in California, Colorado, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington.
He has over 10 years of experience in building systems, HVAC, electrical, energy, plumbing, and thermal analysis on structures of all scope and scale in the residential, commercial and industrial
As well, Mr. Hilton was appointed to a state building code advisory board for California’s adoption of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and energy codes. He is an expert in energy modeling and the application of green building codes, standards, rating systems, and technologies. Mr. Hilton has extensive knowledge and experience in the design of innovative mechanical systems to achieve jurisdictional compliance in commercial indoor horticulture and chemical extraction facilities.
Currently, Mr. Hilton uses his extensive mechanical and electrical experience to assess origin and cause of mechanical and electrical failures in residential, commercial, and industrial environments including appliances, equipment, building systems, and envelopes. Investigate failures ranging from equipment breakdown to catastrophic failures.
Education and Certifications
• Architectural Engineering, B.S.: University of Kansas
• Architecture, M.Arch.: University of Kansas
• Registered Professional Engineer: California, Colorado, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington
• NCEES Principles and Practices Exams: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• ASHRAE Certified High-Performance Building Design Professional
• Governor Appointed Energy Modeler: California Building Code Advisory Board
• LEED AP BD+C Accredited Professional (with an emphasis in Building Design and Construction): U.S. Green Building Council