Matthew K. Davenport
Senior Consultant / Los Angeles/Irvine
As a licensed landscape contractor in California with certifications in water management, watershed management, ornamental horticulture, and as an arborist, Mr. Davenport has extensive industry knowledge and experience commercial landscape design, maintenance, and management. He’s an expert in design, water management, scheduling, implementing quality and control procedures, contract management and horticultural.
For almost two decades, Mr. Davenport has worked on homeowner association and commercial landscape projects leading to greater efficiencies in all areas of horticulture. He also founded Monarch Environmental in 2008. Since forming, Mr. Davenport has been credited for reducing water consumption by more than 800 million gallons.
As a forensic analyst, Mr. Davenport evaluates horticultural loss claims for loss cause evaluates landscaper/landscape maintenance standard of care claims and losses. Additionally, as a certified arborist and tree risk assessor, Mr. Davenport assist clients in objective and effective expertise.
Education and Certifications
• Political Science, B.A.: University of Wisconsin, Madison
• Ornamental Horticulture Certificate: Saddleback College
• Licensed Landscape Contractor: California (C-27 862049)
• Certified Arborist WE-7385A: International Society of Arboriculture
• Tree Risk Assessment Qualified: International Society of Arboriculture
• Certified Water Manager: California Landscape Contractor Association
• EPA Water Sense Partner: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
• Certified Landscape Irrigation Auditor: Irrigation Association
• Certified Watershed Manager: Irrigation Association