Michael C. Lamp
Surety Division Manager / Principal Consultant / LEED AP / Dallas/Fort Worth
Mr. Lamp's career involvement in the construction industry has been in the fields of estimating, project management, owner of general contracting firm, surety consulting, and construction dispute/defect consulting. His experience includes construction schedule delay analysis and cost estimates; construction defect analysis and cost estimates; and review and analysis of change orders and contractor estimates. Assignments include public works projects, commercial buildings, industrial plants, bridges and highways, schools, electronic and telecommunications manufacturing, condominiums, resorts and military installations.
- Light Rail Construction Contractor - An assignment to evaluate issues and events in the Contractor's Request for Equitable Adjustment on a light rail project for Dallas Area Rapid Transit. Contact amount exceeded $50 MM.
- Mississippi River Levee Enlargement - Provide to surety an assessment of the status for a defaulted levee enlargement project. Provided scopes of work for completion, completion documents and agreements, and support for negotiated settlement. Contract amount exceeded $7.5 MM.
- Orlando Resort Development - Provide project assessment, cost analysis, and support for construction defect matter involving Disney Vacation Development, Inc. vs. McDevitt Street Bovis, Inc. Participated in mediation, preparing interrogatories, and settlement negotiations. Contract amount exceeded $100 MM.
- Dry Mill Ethanol Plant - Preparation of construction delay analysis, schedule delay analysis, cost impact of schedule delays, and change order evaluation and analysis. Assisted in mediation preparation. Contract amount exceeded $65 MM.
- Condominium Projects - Provide construction cost, repair cost, delay cost, and construction defect review and analysis on multiple luxury estate and condominium projects in Texas, Mississippi, and Florida. Total contract amounts exceeded $35 MM.
- Hotel & Convention Center - Preparation of construction delay analysis of 2,000 room luxury hotel as impacted by structural failure, including cost of delay analysis. Contract amount exceeded $845 MM.
- Review Contract, General Conditions, Specifications, Plans - Provide analysis and opinion on responsibilities and obligations of parties involved in construction disputes on basis of contractual requirements. Assignments include parties consisting of owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- BA/Political Science University of Texas at Arlington