Michael S. Faron
Consultant / P.E., S.E. / Chicago/Willowbrook
Mr. Faron holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and an M.S. degree in Structural Engineering. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida and a registered Structural Engineer in Illinois with over 13 years of design/consulting experience.
Over the course of his design career, he has designed and inspected numerous structures composed of wood, concrete, steel, masonry, precast, and post-tensioned concrete. The types of structures he has designed include residential, commercial, manufacturing, religious, and industrial. He has also been involved in the design of piping systems and its supports, tank support structures, and pump mountings and anchorage.
His forensic work focuses on evaluating buildings and structures for various conditions and forms of damage such as code compliance, construction defects, moisture intrusion, water damage, snow and ice damage, frost damage, differential foundation movement, structural failure analysis, fire damage, and earthquake/hurricane/tornado/storm damage.
Education and Certifications
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Illinois Institute of Technology
- Structural Engineering, M.S.: Illinois Institute of Technology
- Licensed Structural Engineer: Illinois
- Licensed Professional Engineer: Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Florida
- F.I.R.E. Certified Chimney Fire Investigator