Michael S. Faron
Consultant / P.E., S.E. / Chicago
Mr. Faron received his Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering and his Master’s in Structural Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology. He is a registered Professional Engineer (PE) and a registered Structural Engineer (SE). He has over 10 years of design/consulting experience. Over the course of his design career, he has designed and inspected numerous structures composed of wood, concrete, steel, masonry, precast, and post tensioned concrete. The types of structures he has designed include residential, commercial, manufacturing, religious, and industrial. He has also been involved in the design of piping systems and its supports, tank support structures, and pump mountings and anchorage.
Mr. Faron has expertise in evaluating buildings and structures for various conditions and forms of damage, including: code compliance, construction defects, moisture intrusion, water damage, snow and ice damage, frost damage, differential foundation movement, structural failure analysis, fire damage, and earthquake/hurricane/tornado/storm damage.
- Assess design of structures including most efficient material type, member size, attachment methods, design loads to consider, construction/installation oversight, and ease of construction considerations.
- Extent of damage to commercial and residential roofs after weather events.
- Extent of fire damage determination for existing concrete and masonry structures.
- Moisture damage assessment for commercial and residential buildings.
- Thermal imaging camera use to determine moisture source in residential and commercial buildings.
- Masonry and veneer failure due to construction defects, weathering, and water intrusion.
- Assess structural damage to commercial and residential buildings.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering – Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- M.S. Structural Engineering – Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, Illinois
- Registered Structural Engineer (SE) - Illinois
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) - Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, North Carolina, South Carolina, Wisconsin