Michael W. Lindsey
Consultant / P.E. / Orlando
Mr. Lindsey is a 2008 graduate of Georgia Institute of Technology with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has over nine years of experience in power generation, gas turbines, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, piping, construction and related areas of the energy/industrial sector. His experience and industry knowledge covers design, engineering, procurement, quality management, project management, site support, scheduling and financial management of projects in the energy business.
Mr. Lindsey's areas of expertise include the design and implementation of fluid and mechanical systems: hydraulics lubricating oil, pneumatics, fuel injection, cooling equipment, acoustic enclosures, boilers, fire protection, turning gear and instrumentation. Mr. Lindsey also has expertise in the design, construction and evaluation of residential, commercial and industrial HVAC, plumbing and piping systems and components. He has performed investigations utilizing non-destructive examination and testing related to personal and commercial equipment such as water heaters, refrigerators, water softeners, dishwashers and pipe fittings.
Mr. Lindsey also has expertise in vehicle accident reconstruction and evaluation of vehicle mechanical failures. He is experienced in passenger and commercial vehicle inspections, digital site mapping, damage analysis, vehicle dynamics, coefficient of friction of roadways, lamp investigation, tire investigation and the collection of Event Data Recorder (EDR) data from vehicles.
- Forensic accident reconstruction
- Product evaluations, origin and causation, property damage investigation:
- Rooftop units, split systems, chilled water, direct expansion (DX) air conditioning systems
- Cooling towers, chillers, boilers, pumps
- Tanks and pressure vessels
- Piping and plumbing components, water heaters
- Fire protection systems
- Propane and natural gas systems
- Machinery, hydraulic systems
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering – Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2008
- Registered Professional Engineer - Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina