Nathan T. Adolf
Consultant / AIA / Des Moines
Mr. Adolf has a professionally accredited 5-year Bachelor of Architecture degree from Kansas State University and is licensed in seven states. He also holds a certificate from the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB). Mr. Adolf has over 20 years of experience in architectural design, construction, and fabrication, as well as the installation of custom cabinetry, casework, and furniture. He has extensive experience working and collaborating with many talented architects, designers, and craftsman. This collaboration and his own passion have helped him develop into a well-rounded architect, carpenter, and craftsman with thousands of hours of hands-on experience.
In addition, Mr. Adolf has a strong interest and expertise in roofing. In 1986, he began his roofing experience with hands-on installation of residential roofs. He expanded his education, learning TPO and EPDM application techniques. He took that knowledge and applied his training to installing low-slope roofs on many of the homes that his company designed over his tenure. Currently, he is perusing his IIBEC Registered Roofing Consultant Credentials to expand on his roofing knowledge and expertise further.
As a forensic investigator, he inspects and analyzes building envelope failures in commercial, industrial, and residential properties. Assignments included construction defects, roofing evaluations, building envelope failures and deficiencies, storm damage, deficiencies related to building code compliance, ADA, contract evaluations, retail slip, trip, and fall evaluations, property damage, and architectural standard of care.
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor of Architecture: Kansas State University
• Bachelor of Applied Science: Colby Community College
• Technical Drafting Credentials: Northwest Kansas Technical School
• Carpentry Credentials: Northwest Kansas Technical School
• National Council of Architect Registration Boards (NCARB)
• Licensed in Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, and Oklahoma
• American Institute of Architects (AIA)
• International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
• International Code Council (ICC)
• Kansas Assessment Team Volunteer, California Safety Assessment Program Qualified Volunteer
• Johnson County, Kansas Residential Class “C” Contractor
• OSHA 10-Hour Construction Program