Paul G. Phillips
Senior MEP Practice Leader / P.E. / Houston
Mr. Phillips holds a B.S. degree and M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a licensed professional engineer in Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, New Jersey, and New York.
He has over 40 years of diversified engineering design and management experience and is knowledgeable about building systems from concept development, design, and construction for applications including commercial office buildings, institutional, healthcare, higher education, laboratories, commercial kitchens, and manned spacecraft.
As a senior engineer and lead engineer, Mr. Phillips has been called upon to solve difficult design problems and to diagnose and resolve issues in the field during construction and after completion. He has extensive experience as a design engineer, project manager, and in-house trainer and has served as a lead mechanical engineer for a team of up to 20 design professionals.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Phillips specializes in identifying mechanical and plumbing system, building enclosures, and other design and construction defects that can result in problems with the occupied environment as well as the building materials. He is experienced with failure investigations for mechanical and plumbing equipment from direct examination of failed items to mathematical modeling.
Education and Certifications
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: Rice University, Cum Laude
• Mechanical Engineering, M.S.: Rice University
• Professional Engineer: Texas, Arizona, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, New Jersey, and New York
• National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying Certification
• Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED® AP): U.S. Green Building Council