Philip M. Noah
Senior Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CVFI / St. Louis
Mr. Noah is a Certified Fire Investigator, a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator, and a licensed private fire investigator in Missouri. He is also a licensed private investigator in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Illinois.
He has over 28 years of experience in fire suppression operations, fire/explosion investigations, technical rescue, hazardous material incidents, fire code enforcement, and building construction plans review. Over his career, he has led or assisted in the origin and cause of more than 500 fire and explosion investigations. As a fire investigator, he conducted origin and cause investigations on fatal structure fires, residential fires, commercial fires, and vehicle fires.
As the Springfield Fire Dept. Fire Marshal, Mr. Noah served as a public safety bomb technician on the Springfield Missouri Bomb Squad and was a founding member of the Greene County, MO Arson Task Force, during which time he worked closely with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). While in this position, he also performed hundreds of building plans reviews evaluating structures for International Fire Code compliance. Mr. Noah has instructed courses in fire scene evidence preservation, explosives awareness, and fire investigation awareness for the insurance industry.
Mr. Noah has testified and been qualified as an expert in court proceedings pertaining to fire origin and causation. Mr. Noah is also a court-certified expert in the field of fire origin and cause determination.
Education and Certifications
- Chemistry, B.S. (in work 100 hours): Missouri State University
- Law Enforcement Academy: Drury University
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator CVFI: NAFI
- Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): State of Missouri
- Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire Inspector II: International Code Council
- Licensed Private Fire Investigator: Missouri
- Licensed Class “A” Peace Officer: Missouri
- Certified Firefighter 1&2: Missouri
- Certified Fire Officer 1&2: Missouri
- Certified Fire Inspector: Missouri
- Certified Fire Inspector 1&2: International Code Council
- Certified Hazardous Devices Technician (Bomb Technician): Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Certified Fire Service Instructor: Missouri
- Certified Major Crimes Investigator: Springfield Missouri Police Dept.