Phillip A. Keena
Fire Consultant / CFI / Kansas City
Mr. Keena is a Certified Fire Investigator in the state of Missouri as well as a licensed Private Fire Investigator. Mr. Keena also holds a Private Detective License in the state of Kansas. Mr. Keena’s professional career has spanned more than 25 years in areas of fire suppression operations, technical rescue, hazardous materials incidents, building construction plans, and fire/explosion investigations. He also has an extensive knowledge of the residential construction industry due to being a licensed contractor for more than 15 years. He has led or assisted in the origin and cause of more than 250 fire and explosion investigations. As a fire investigator, he has conducted origin and cause investigations on fatal structure fires, residential fires, commercial fires, and vehicle fires. Mr. Keena has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation and code enforcement.
Representative engagements include:
- Determination of the cause and origin of fires and explosions involving residential structures and multi-family dwellings.
- Investigation and logistical coordination of large loss fires and explosions involving commercial and residential structures.
- Determination and investigation of arson fires and the collection of arson evidence.
- Investigation of fires in passenger vehicles and trucks.
- Explosions in both residential and commercial properties.
- M.S.M. – Colorado State University
- B.S. Organizational Leadership – MidAmerica Nazarene University
- A. A. Fire Administration – Johnson County Community College
- Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) State of Missouri
- Licensed Private Fire Investigator: State of Missouri
- Licensed Private Detective: State of Kansas
- Member of International Association of Arson Investigators