Richard Servello, Jr.
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI / Newark
Mr. Servello is a Certified Fire Investigator (IAAI-CFI) with the International Association of Arson Investigators and a New York State Fire Investigator. He is also a licensed Private Investigator in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, and Massachusetts.
His professional career includes 18 years of experience with the White Plains Fire Department. He was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant & Fire Investigator in 2015 and serves as Chief Fire Inspector in Somers, New York, since 2021. In his role as Lieutenant, he is responsible for training the fire company, assigning firefighter duties, and supervising daily activities. In addition to his fire department career, Mr. Servello has over 15 years in the trades including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical. Mr. Servello has also served as an Assistant Building Inspector and has been a New York State Code Enforcement Official since 2013.
He has investigated and determined the origin and cause of several hundred fires including commercial structures, residential structures, vehicles, and wild land. He has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation.
Education and Certifications
• Western New England College, Springfield MA
• IAAI Certified Fire Investigator, Cert # 49-082634
• IAAI Fire Investigation Technician
• New York State Fire Investigator, Cert # 75002-0220-0023
• National Certified Fire Investigator Pro Board, Cert # NY-755050-0319-0031
• Code Enforcement Official
• New York State and National Certified Fire Inspector I, Cert # NY-7550200719-0043
• New York State and National Certified Fire Officer I
• New York State Fire Officer II
• New York State and National Certified Fire Instructor I
• New York State and National Certified Fire Fighter I & II