Fire Consultant / CFI, CFEI / Miami
Mr. Hernandez holds a A.S. degree in Fire Science. He is also a Certified Fire Investigator with the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI-CFI) and a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator with the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI-CFEI) as well as a licensed Fire Investigator, Licensed Fire Inspector and Licensed Private Investigator in Florida.
He is a member of Florida Task Force 2 (FLTF2) and has extensive experience in Urban Search and Rescue including structural collapse, confined space and vehicle machinery extrication.
He served the City of Miami for 34 years as a firefighter, paramedic and investigator and with the City of Miami’s Technical Rescue Team. As a member of the Fire Investigation Unit, Mr. Hernandez investigated and determined the origin and cause involving commercial structures, residential structures, vessels and vehicles. He collaborated with multiple agencies including the State Fire Marshal, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF), local police, insurance companies and legal agencies during large loss incidents.
Education and Certifications
• Fire Science, A.S.: Miami-Dade College
• Search Team Manager Certification: Maryland Florida Task Force 2, Urban Search and Rescue Team (2006)
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI-CFI)
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI-CFEI.
• Licensed Fire Investigator: Florida
• Licensed Fire Inspector: Florida
• Licensed Private Investigator: Florida
• PADI and NAUI Dive Rescue Specialist (1986)
• Paramedic Certification: Florida (1998)
• Driver Engineer: City of Miami Fire Training Center (1985)