Mr. Rodney Lewis is a licensed Metallurgical Engineer specializing in forensic failure analysis of metallurgical and corroded components. He is active in professional/technical organizations and served as Vice Chairman of the Carolinas Piedmont Triad Chapter of The American Society for Metals (ASM).
Mr. Lewis spent the first 13 years of his engineering career in the aluminum industry working in several different casting and extrusion areas in technical, production, and quality positions. In 1999 he took that experience and entered the failure analysis field. He has worked as a metallurgical engineer and scanning electron microscope (SEM)/energy dispersive x-ray spectrometer (EDS) operator, using those skills along with metallography and other metallurgical testing/analysis techniques to perform failure analysis and material characterization. His analyses are authored in proprietary reports.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• B.S. Metallurgical Engineering: Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (1985)
• Masters of Materials Science and Engineering: University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia (2002)
• Licensed Professional Engineer, Metallurgical Engineering: North Carolina, Certificate No. 043209
• American Society for Testing and Materials International (ASTM): Member
• American Society for Metals (ASM): Member
• National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE): Member