Ross A. Kimble
Senior Consultant / P.E. / Louisville
Mr. Kimble earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology and has over ten years of experience managing construction projects from pre-construction planning through project close-out. He is currently registered as a Professional Engineer in Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, and Ohio.
Mr. Kimble has experience in construction management including estimating and value engineering, contract administration, field management including site safety issues, documentation, procurement, budgeting, cost control, scheduling, and resolution of constructibility issues. He has experience in the identification and resolution of construction issues and defects, including foundation settlement, substandard materials and installation, moisture intrusion, and underground pipe leak detection. Since joining Rimkus, he has performed hundreds of investigations involving construction defects, property damage due to accidents, structural failure analysis, and property damage from storms (wind, snow, flooding, earthquake, and hail), fire, differential foundation movement, and ground vibration / blasting. He has also performed premises liability investigations related to personal injury.
- Structural inspection and analysis of the collapse of a church sanctuary. The 140-year old wood and masonry structure collapsed during calm weather..
- Investigation of worker's fall through a 60-foot tall platform at an industrial site..
- Investigated multiple properties reportedly damaged from the 5.2 magnitude April 18, 2008 southern Illinois earthquake..
- Evaluated reported damage to an in-ground pool and basement due to nearby utility excavation..
- Evaluated uplift affecting a basement concrete slab of a multi-story commercial building in Cleveland, Ohio. .
- Investigated structural damage to a residence due to air overpressure from a gasoline-fueled explosion..
- Evaluated monthly construction invoices and progress related to fire damage at a construction project. The repair costs exceeded $1M..
- Investigated and prepared repair recommendations for a residential structure which was damaged by vehicle impact..
- Evaluated surfaces surrounding a commercial pool facility for slip resistance.
- B.S. Civil Engineering - Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Registered Professional Engineer - Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee