Roy F. Gottschalk, Jr.
Principal Consultant / ACTAR / Atlanta / Birmingham
Mr. Gottschalk is an accredited collision reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1062). In addition, Mr. Gottschalk holds an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering Technology and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of West Georgia.
He began his accident reconstruction experience with Gottschalk Engineering Associates, Inc. in 1996, specializing in commercial vehicle accidents.
He is an expert in technical investigations of automobile and commercial vehicle collisions, providing research and evaluating U.S. Department of Transportation-compliance for commercial vehicles, evaluating and testing vehicle component systems for maintenance deficiencies, and providing imaging and analysis services for vehicle crash data recorders.
Education and Certifications
• Business Administration, B.B.A.: University of West Georgia
• Engineering Technology, A.S.: Gainesville College
• Certified Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #1062)
• Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake endorsements: Georgia
• Class M motorcycle license: Georgia
• EDCRASH Certificate: Engineering Dynamics Corp.
• Certified CDR Tool Technician and Analyst: Bosch/Vetronix Corp.