Ryan L. Mack
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, NAFI-CFEI / Indianapolis
Mr. Mack is a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator through the National Association of Fire Investigators and a Fire Investigation Technician through the International Association of Fire Investigators. Mr. Mack is also certified as a Fire Investigator through the Indiana Department of Homeland Security.
Mr. Mack started his public safety career as a firefighter and EMT through the Lawrence Township Fire Department in 2005. He then transferred to the City of Lawrence Fire Department in 2010. He joined the fire investigations division in 2011 which created his foundation of knowledge of all aspects of fire prevention. Mr. Mack joined Indiana Task Force One – Urban Search and Rescue Team as a Planning Team Manager to assist the country in all natural and manmade disasters. Mr. Mack joined the City of Lawrence Police Department in 2011 to assist in his abilities and knowledge of interviewing witnesses.
As an investigator, Mr. Mack is qualified to investigate fire scenes, locate the area of origin, determine the cause, and collect and record samples for laboratory analysis. Prepare investigation reports containing origin and cause analysis, witness statements, photographs, and diagrams. Conduct interview witness statements and can give testimony as to the results of these investigations. Render a professional opinion with respect to origin and cause investigations. A systematic approach using the Scientific Method as outlined in NFPA 921 & 1033 is utilized when performing fire scene investigations.
Education and Certifications
• Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Fire Investigation Technician: International Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Firefighter I-II: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Emergency Medical Technician: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Hazmat 1st Responder: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Technical Rescue Awareness: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Incident Safety Officer: National Fire Academy
• Certified Instructor I: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Fire Officer I: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Fire Investigator I: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Fire Inspector I: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• Certified Fire Inspector II: Indiana Department of Homeland Security
• FEMA Planning Specialists: Safety Solutions Training Program
• NIMS ICS All-Hazards Planning Section Chief: Emergency Management Institute