Samuel J. Coffee
Senior Consultant / CIH, CSP, CPSI / San Antonio
Along with a B.S. degree in Biology, Mr. Coffee is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (C.I.H.) and a Certified Safety Professional (C.S.P.) with extensive experience in industrial hygiene and safety related to the petrochemical industry, as well as commercial, public, and residential properties. He is proficient in radiation safety, radiation assessments, radon testing, and has served as a Radiation Officer. As a Certified Playground Safety Inspector (C.P.S.I.) he possesses expertise in conducting playground safety audits, determining compliance, and program management. Mr. Coffee is also a Certified Medical Technologist with working experience in clinical pathogenic microbiology.
While working as a health and safety professional, Mr. Coffee has developed and/or managed cornerstone programs such as exposure assessment, respiratory protection, hazard communication, employee worker history, hazard recognition, noise and hearing conservation, and personal protective equipment. Also, he has expertise in conducting sampling investigations, laboratory and field-testing, data interpretation, performing remedial strategies, conducting slip resistance tests, generating written reports, and hazardous materials emergency response.
In addition to Mr. Coffee’s technical knowledge, he is knowledgeable in U.S. OSHA, U.S. EPA, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), and Texas Dept. of State Health Services (DSHS) and Texas Dept. of Licensing and Regulation health and safety regulations; and American Disabilities Act and associated building codes. Currently, he samples and assesses exposure to chemical and biological contaminants as well as performs radiation and radon assessments, premises liability assessments, safety assessments, and environmental contamination assessments for residential, private, and commercial properties.
Education and Certifications
- B.S. Biology - Lubbock Christian University
- Certified Industrial Hygienist Certification No. 7316
- Certified Safety Professional Certification No. 18324
- Certified Medical Technologist MT (ASCP) Certification Number 105276
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response
- Texas DSHS Mold Assessment Consultant License # MAC0159
- Texas DSHS Mold Remediation Contractor License # MRC0202
- Texas DSHS Individual Asbestos Consultant License #105655
- Florida DBPR Mold Assessor License NBR MRSA139
- Certified XL Tribometrist, Certificate #111415
- Certified Playground Safety Inspector, Certification No. 22935-1116