Scott T. Witt
Consultant / Dallas/Fort Worth
Mr. Witt is a graduate of the Police Academy at Tarrant County Junior College with over 30 years of experience as a police officer specializing in accident investigation. He has investigated thousands of motor vehicle collisions. His experience ranges from minor to fatal accidents and includes hit and run collisions, motorcycle collision, pedestrian and bicycle collision, multiple vehicle collision, commercial vehicles, off-road vehicles including field investigations and follow-up or supplement investigations.
Mr. Witt’s duties included collecting evidence, writing and executing warrants, and filing criminal cases, along with subsequent criminal and civil court testimony. Mr. Witt taught Accident Investigation at the Irving Police Academy and continues teaching Emotional Survival to Law Enforcement at the Irving Academy as well as to others.
Mr. Witt is an experienced Traffic Control Field Superintendent. His duties included managing traffic crews and maintenance of traffic control devices (temporary and permanent) as well as investigating accidents within the project limits.
- Accident Investigation & Reconstruction: passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles, off-road vehicles.
- Accident Investigation: damage comparison analysis, ACM/PCM download and analysis.
- Commercial Vehicle Collision Investigation: Mechanical System Inspections and Out-of-Service Determinations, Engine Control Module (ECM) Data Retrieval and Analysis. Transportation: work zone traffic control.
Education and Registrations
- Traffic Control, TEEX Central Texas Police Academy, July 2014
- Crash Analysis, Mansfield Police Department, July 2009
- Crash Data Retrieval System Operator Course, Irving Police Department, October 2005
- Forensic Mapping, Dallas Police Department, May 2000
- Accident Reconstruction, Regional Police Academy, March 2000
- Pedestrian and Bicyclist Reconstruction, Texas A&M, May 1995
- Hit and Run Investigation, Regional Police Academy, January 1991
- Accident Reconstruction, DPS Austin, July 1988
- Advanced Accident Investigation, DPS Austin, March 1988
- Intermediate Accident Investigation, Texas A&M Arlington, September 1986
- Pursuit Driving, National Academy for Professional Driving, February 1985
- Police Academy, Tarrant County Junior College, November 1984