Shawn P. Brecken
Fire Consultant / CFI, CVFI, CFIE / Boston
Mr. Brecken has an Associate Degree in Fire Science is a Certified Fire Investigator with the Motor Fire Vehicle Endorsement, a Certified Fire Explosive Investigator and Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator as well as an Emergency Medical Technician.
Mr. Brecken’s professional career includes 35 years with the Marlborough Fire Department in the City of Marlborough, MA. In that capacity, he has been involved in many different emergency services including IAAI Certified fire investigator and front line supervisor. His duties included fire origin and cause determination, diagramming of fire scenes, interviewing witnesses and suspects, collection of evidence. He was also responsible for inspecting buildings to locate hazardous conditions and fire code violations, prepared investigative reports and assisted in the prosecution of fire code violators and arsonists.
As a forensic fire investigator with Rimkus, Mr. Brecken is responsible for investigating cause and origin of fires in the northeast. The area covers 6 states and all the coast lines of New England.
Education and Certifications
• Fire Science, A.S.: Quinsigamond Community College
• Emergency Medical Technician
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigator
• Certified Fire Explosive Investigation: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Fire Investigator: Metro Fire/Arson Investigation Association
• Firefighter of the Year
• Memberships: International Association of Arson Investigator; National Association of Fire Investigators; International Association of Arson Investigator, MA Chapter; Metro Fire/Arson Investigation Association