Sher M. Chauhan
Senior Consultant / P. Eng, PMP / Toronto
Mr. Chauhan is an electrical engineer and a qualified Project Management Professional. He has extensive experience in power plants, high voltage transmission lines, substations, electrical switch gear, distribution feeders, transformers, oil pumping stations, natural gas compression stations, transit systems, industrial plants, building services, and diagnostic equipment for Health care facilities.
Having spent more than 30 years performing activities in the electrical engineering domain, Mr. Chauhan has obtained all types of expertise including: design work, engineering management, construction management, scheduling, cost estimating and budget control. He has the working knowledge of plant control and SCADA monitoring systems. He has worked as a Quality Assurance Team Leader aimed at improving efficiency and developing proactive approach for planning.
Mr. Chauhan’s expertise includes upgrade of aging electrical systems, assessment of potential power interruption issues, load reliability challenges, and handling invisible power quality issues such as arc flash hazards, harmonics, and voltage fluctuations. He served as a subject matter expert for the development of live line work guidelines, training, development, and achieve service efficiency.
- Inspection of power generation, transmission and distribution systems for an overall input to identifiable risk to supply of Power.
- Evaluate High Voltage electrical infrastructure, including equipment hardware and expected life of critical components critical considerations for planning for replacements of the essential system components in a timely and cost effective fashion.
- Determine the status of Operation & Maintenance practices, in order to improve the power to customers.
Education and Registrations
- B.Sc Electrical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology Lahore, Pakistan
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- A list of Professional registrations including the states, provinces, et
- Licensed Professional Engineer, British Columbia
- Licensed Professional Engineer Nova Scotia
- Qualified and registered under Bill 124, BCIN: 27800 (Passed Exam for Building Services 2007)
- Licensed Professional Engineer, Ontario