Sidney (Guy) Johnson
Senior Consultant / P.E., NAFI-CFEI / New Orleans
Mr. Johnson holds a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and an M.S. in Engineering Management. He is a registered professional engineer in Louisiana and Mississippi. His experience and industry knowledge covers over 40 years in areas of service delivery, service reliability, design, engineering, procurement, engineering management, project and construction management, structural design and evaluation, scheduling, cost estimating and budget control, implementing quality and control procedures, contract management, and financing of capital projects in the energy business. He has extensive industry experience in electric power distribution engineering, electric power distribution project management, electric power distribution work management, electric power distribution line construction, electric power distribution service delivery, electric power distribution service reliability and related areas.
Mr. Johnson’s areas of expertise include managing new revenue generating capital projects as well as managing projects that re-vamp and renovate existing electric power distribution lines and equipment for electric power service reliability. He has specialized expertise in managing government mandated electric utility relocation projects working very closely with federal, state, and local government agencies. Mr. Johnson has been responsible for executing many complex engineering, procurement, and construction assignments in the Southeast Louisiana Area.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Johnson is responsible for investigating failures in electrical equipment and devices.
Education and Certifications
• Engineering Management, M.S.: University of New Orleans
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: University of New Orleans
• Registered Professional Engineer: Alabama (34258-E), Arkansas (16090), Florida (77428), Georgia (038841), Louisiana (29897), Mississippi (25513)
• Correspondent C-386: National Academy of Forensic Engineers
• Project Management Professional: PMI certified 1536833
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators (#18880-10418)