Spencer Wong, P. Eng., is an accomplished professional with extensive years of engineering within the field of electrical design in high- and low-rise residential, retail, commercial, and light industrial.
He was educated in Hong Kong and graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic in 1980. Upon graduating, Mr. Wong worked for various architectural firms and consulting engineering firms as design and project engineers; he achieved professional status as a Chartered Engineer within the United Kingdom. Mr. Wong had been working for Housing Hong Authority as a Building Service Engineer for 7 years before immigration. In 1997, Mr. Wong moved to Canada and continued his engineering career by joining M & E in 1999, and he continued his career development from an Electrical Engineer to Director of the Electrical Engineering Department through the years.
Mr. Wong is a seasoned Electrical Engineer with over 40 years of experience in design, project management, site installation, and building operations. He has a proven record of successful design projects and extensive knowledge of all aspects of electrical power distribution systems, lighting systems, fire alarm systems, security systems, and communication systems. Mr. Wong has performed on numerous electrical projects in all sectors and for various clients in the City of Toronto, Province of Ontario, and across Canada. He directly oversees all Electrical Design Engineers and communicates with clients and authorities to ensure designs comply with codes as well as customers’ requirements.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Electrical Engineering: Hong Kong Polytechnic University (1980)
• CEI Part II Examination: UK (1982)
• Member: Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers, UK (1986)
• Registered Chartered Engineer: Engineering Council, UK (1988)
• Member: Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (1991)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) (2000)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Saskatchewan