Associate I / RRO / Ottawa, Canada
Mr. Sloan is the Manager of the Roofing Sciences Department for the IRC Building Sciences, A Rimkus Company Ottawa branch. He has been involved in the roofing industry for 15 years, with 10 years of field experience as a commercial roofer working for various contractors in the Ottawa area. He is responsible for overseeing all activities pertaining to the Roofing Sciences Department including the design for retrofit and new construction roofing projects, specification preparation/review, roof condition assessments, and quality assurance reviews for roofing projects during construction. Mr. Sloan has obtained a Graduate Certificate focused on Project Management Studies from Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ontario, and has a demonstrated history of success managing projects of various sizes and scope. He is a Registered Roof Observer (RRO) with the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC) and a Certified Level 1 Thermographer.
Education and Certifications
• Graduate Certificate Project Management Studies: Algonquin College, Ottawa, ON
• AutoCAD 1, Algonquin College: Ottawa, Ontario
• Diploma – HVAC Technician: Algonquin College
• Registered Roof Observer (RRO) and Member of RCI Inc.
• Level 1 Thermographer (ITC)
• Certified roofer in Ontario & Quebec
• Working at Heights Training and WHMIS in construction, CSA of Ontario