Timothy A. Casey
Consultant / P.E., ACTAR / Jacksonville
Mr. Casey holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Mechanical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. He is accredited as an accident reconstructionist by the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction.
He has experience in machine design for a wide variety of mechanical assemblies, laser safety system standards, oxygen storage tank inspection, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) load analysis, HVAC performance issues, mold issues, plumbing products, piping assembly design for gas turbines, pipe support design for welded structures, failure analysis of consumer products, computer numeric controlled (CNC) equipment, wood wall and ceiling panel installation, high-speed aerodynamic testing, mechanical systems and equipment, industrial machinery, and failure analysis of consumer products.
Mr. Casey has over 8 years of experience in vehicle accident reconstruction, vehicle inspections, mechanical design of consumer and military products, industrial machinery, gas turbine piping, and construction. His area of expertise includes the investigation, analysis, and reconstruction of vehicle collisions including damage analysis, coefficient of friction of roadways, and vehicle lamp examinations.
Mr. Casey is trained in digital site mapping, passenger and commercial vehicle inspection, and the collection and analysis of event data recorder information from passenger vehicles.
Education and Certifications
• Mechanical Engineering, M.S.: University of Central Florida
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: University of Central Florida
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina
• Certified Bosch Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) Technician: Bosch
• Certified Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction
• Florida Certified Mold Assessor