Tod E. Lewis
Consultant / P.E. / New Orleans
Mr. Lewis is an Architectural Engineering graduate from the California Polytechnic State University located at San Luis Obispo, California. He has over 25 years of experience working as an engineer in both the seismically active San Francisco Bay area and the hurricane prone Gulf Coast. His professional experience includes structural engineering analysis, structural design, failure analysis, construction phase services, and construction defect determinations. His design experience includes: Structural design of numerous buildings; building and equipment foundation design; historic rehabilitation; structural steel design; timber design; cold formed steel design; reinforced concrete design; concrete tilt-up design; low-traffic bridge design; high-rise rehabilitation; unreinforced masonry retrofits and masonry design.
- Structural damage assessments for residential and commercial structures after seismic, Hurricane, and Tornado events.
- Evaluation of wind and hail damage to residential and commercial roofs.
- Moisture source evaluation and determination.
- Perform structural condition assessments for structures damaged by automobile impacts, dumpster impacts, and tree impacts.
- Assess construction vibration damage to nearby structures.
- Evaluate foundation systems and investigate differential foundation movement.
- Perform causation analysis for roof and floor collapses.
Education and Registrations
- B.S., Architectural Engineering – California Polytechnic State University
- Registered Professional Engineer - California, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas