Tony J. Myers
Senior Consultant / ACTAR / Tampa
Mr. Myers is an accredited Accident Reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #3045).
He has worked in the law enforcement profession since 1988 with over 30 years of experience in handling traffic accident investigations. His duties consisted of general road patrol, accident investigation, and reconstruction.
Mr. Myers was an Assistant Post Commander for 16 years with the Ohio State Patrol. He has conducted investigations/reconstructions on numerous accidents that included automobiles, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicyclists, ATVs, commercial motor vehicles, trains, and aircraft. Mr. Myers is certified in imaging, preserving, and analyzing a vehicle’s event data recorder, when applicable. In addition, he is certified in FARO 3D laser scanning and registration.
Mr. Myers was a certified police instructor by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy (OPOTA) and was tasked as a regional instructor and coordinator on behalf of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for standardized field sobriety tests (SFST), electronic speed measuring devices (ESMD), and accident investigation. Mr. Myers has consulted on cases that involved both plaintiff and defense litigation.
Education and Certifications
• Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy: Governors Commission of Sergeant (1998)
• Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy: Governors Commission of Trooper (1990)
• Sandusky Police Academy: Ohio Peace Officer Certification: (1988)
• Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #3045)
• Regional Accident Instructor: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (2006)
• Regional Electronic Speed Measuring Devices (ESMD)Instructor: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (2000)
• Regional Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST) Instructor: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (1998)
• CDR System Technician: Collision Safety Institute (2007)
• Forensic Mapping Specialist Certification: Ohio State Patrol – 2003
• Memberships: National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialist; Ohio Traffic Accident Reconstruction Association