Tony J. Myers
Senior Consultant / ACTAR / Tampa
Mr. Myers is an accredited accident reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR). He has worked in the law enforcement profession since 1988 with 30 years of experience in handling traffic accident investigations. His duties consisted of patrol, accident investigation and reconstruction. Mr. Myers was an Assistant Post Commander for 16 years for the Ohio State Patrol. He has conducted investigations/reconstructions on numerous accidents that included automobiles, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicyclists, ATV’s, commercial motor vehicles and aircraft. Mr. Myers is certified in imaging, preserving and analyzing a vehicle’s event data recorder when applicable. In addition, he is certified in FARO 3D laser scanning and registration.
Mr. Myers was a certified police instructor by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy (OPOTA) and was tasked as a regional accident, standardized field sobriety tests (SFST) and electronic speed measuring devices (ESMD) instructor for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Mr. Myers has consulted on cases that involved both plaintiff and defense litigation.
Education and Certifications
• Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy: Governors Commission of Sergeant
• Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy: Governors Commission of Trooper
• Sandusky Police Academy: Ohio Peace Officer Certification
• Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #3045)
• Regional Accident Instructor: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
• Regional Electronic Speed Measuring Devices (ESMD)Instructor: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
• Regional Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFST) Instructor: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
• CDR System Technician: Collision Safety Institute
• Forensic Mapping Specialist Certification: Ohio State Patrol