Tony J. Myers
Senior Consultant / ACTAR / Tampa
Mr. Myers is an accredited accident reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR). He has worked in the law enforcement profession since 1988 with 30 years of experience in handling traffic accident investigations. His duties consisted of patrol, accident investigation and reconstruction. Mr. Myers was an Assistant Post Commander for 16 years for the Ohio State Patrol. He has conducted investigations/reconstructions on numerous accidents that included automobiles, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicyclists, ATV’s, commercial motor vehicles and aircraft. Mr. Myers is certified in imaging, preserving and analyzing a vehicle’s event data recorder when applicable. In addition, he is certified in FARO 3D laser scanning and registration.
Mr. Myers was a certified police instructor by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy (OPOTA) and was tasked as a regional accident, standardized field sobriety tests (SFST) and electronic speed measuring devices (ESMD) instructor for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Mr. Myers has consulted on cases that involved both plaintiff and defense litigation.
- Vehicle accident reconstruction
- Event Data Retrieval (EDR)
Education and Registrations
- ACTAR, Accredited Traffic Accident Reconstructionist
- Ohio State Highway Patrol Academy, Governors Commission of State Trooper
- Sandusky Police Academy, Ohio Peace Officer Certification
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists (NAPARS)
- Ohio Traffic Accident Reconstruction Association – OTARA