Vixar J. Patel
Consultant / M.S., P.E. / Newark
Mr. Patel received his Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, and Master of Science degree in Power & Energy systems from the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). He is a registered professional engineer with 8 years of experience in electrical design, fire alarm, low voltage systems and construction administration of commercial, industrial, transit and utility projects.
Mr. Patel’s areas of expertise include electrical power system design and analysis including protective device coordination studies, arc flash hazard analysis and short circuit analysis. He has performed more than 30 power system analysis studies including arc flash hazard analysis for commercial, industrial, transit and utility clients. He has provided arc flash and shock hazard training for various clients. He is also highly skilled in the interpretation and application of the National Electric Code (NFPA 70) and Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E).
Education and Registrations and Professional Associations
• B.S. – Electrical Engineering – New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
• M.S. – Power & Energy Systems – New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)
• Professional Engineer (PE) – Licensed in New Jersey
• National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) – Member
• Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) – Member