Vixar J. Patel
Consultant / P.E., NAFI-CFEI / Newark
Mr. Patel received his B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering and an M.S. degree in Power & Energy Systems from the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). He is a registered professional engineer with 8 years of experience in electrical design, fire alarm, low-voltage systems, and construction administration of commercial, industrial, transit, and utility projects.
Mr. Patel is also a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator through the National Association of Fire Investigators; and a Certified Marine Electrical Advisor through the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC).
Mr. Patel’s areas of expertise include electrical power system design and analysis, including protective device coordination studies, arc flash hazard analysis, and short circuit analysis. He has performed more than 30 power system analysis studies, including arc flash hazard analysis for commercial, industrial, transit, and utility clients.
Mr. Patel has provided arc flash and shock hazard training for various clients. He is also highly skilled in the interpretation and application of the National Electric Code (NFPA 70) and Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E).
Education and Certifications
• Electrical Engineering, B.S.: New Jersey Institute of Technology
• Power & Energy Systems, M.S.: New Jersey Institute of Technology
• Registered Professional Engineer: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Certified Marine Electrical Advisor – American Boat and Yacht Council