W. Timothy Spradlin
Fire Consultant / CFI, CFEI, CVFI / Cincinnati
Mr. Spradlin is an IAAI Certified Fire Investigator, IAAI Vehicle Fire Investigator designation, a NAFI Certified Fire Explosion Investigator, and NAFI Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator. He is also certified in the State of Ohio as a Police Officer, with over 35 years’ experience in public safety, firefighting, law enforcement, and investigation.
Mr. Spradlin served in the U.S. Air Force, where he served 4 years active duty and 26 years in the Reserve in crash-fire-rescue, engineering, and military police. He retired in 2008 as a Senior Master Sergeant/First Sergeant (E8). He is a combat veteran of two deployments to Operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom, receiving the Bronze Star Medal from the U.S. Army in 2007 for combat meritorious service.
His fire/explosion investigation work spans over 26 years, and he has three related college degrees. His career includes work as a full-time firefighter, lieutenant, captain, deputy fire chief, and fire chief. Mr. Spradlin also served as a deputy sheriff with the Greene County, Ohio Sheriff’s Office and was the training officer for the Greene County Fire Investigation Task Force. He worked for over 6 years full-time in fire arson investigation as Chief of the State of Ohio Fire Marshal’s Fire–Explosion Investigation Bureau. He was also the curriculum manager/lead instructor for the Ohio Fire Academy Fire Investigation programs. He retired in 2014 after 32 years of public fire and law enforcement work to join Rimkus Consulting Group as a forensic fire and explosion investigator.
Mr. Spradlin currently serves as a Reserve Deputy Sheriff in Greene County, Ohio. As an owner / trainer of trail horses for over 20 years, Mr. Spradlin is a Certified Equine Therapies Specialist and has consulted on incidents involving horses.
Education and Certifications
- Fire Science Technology, A.A.: Air University CCAF)
- Human Resource Management, A.A.: Air University CCAF
- Organizational Management, B.S.: Wilberforce University
- Certified Fire Investigator (CFI): International Association of Arson Investigators
- Certified Fire Explosion Investigator (CFEI): National Association of Fire Investigators
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CFI(V)): National Association of Fire Investigators
- Certified Equine Specialist: Equine Assisted Growth and Learning Association (EAGALA)