William A. Asbell
District Manager / IAAI-CFI, CFEI, CVFI / Jackson
Along with a B.S. degree in Criminal Justice, Mr. Asbell is a Certified Fire Investigator, a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator, and a Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator.
He served as a Fire Investigator with the City of Charlotte, NC Fire Department, the City of Norfolk, VA Department of Fire-Rescue, and as a private fire investigator where he investigated and determined the origin and cause of more than 1,600 fires and explosions in industrial facilities, commercial and residential structures, vehicles, agricultural equipment, heavy equipment, and fire-related injuries/fatalities.
Mr. Asbell has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire investigation and fire code enforcement. He has testified in federal and state courts and been qualified as an expert witness in court proceedings pertaining to fire origin and causation.
Mr. Asbell has coordinated and instructed continuing educational training programs involving the investigation of fires to public fire and police officials, insurance adjusters and investigators, and attorneys. His teachings include live fire training involving structures, vehicles and products.
In addition to his fire investigation experience, Mr. Asbell served as a firefighter, law enforcement officer, emergency medical technician, and as a Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic for over 18 years.
Education and Certifications
- Graduate Studies in Human Resources Management, University of Richmond
- B.S., Criminal Justice, East Carolina University
- Certified Fire Investigator by the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI)
- Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator by the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator by the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI)