Vice President, Construction Division / P.E. / Houston
Mr. Mazur is a University of Pittsburgh graduate in civil engineering. Mr. and a registered Professional Engineer in 13 states with over 20 years experience in civil and structural engineering analysis, design, failure analysis, and construction services. His design experience includes computerized structural design of industrial structures using dynamic and finite element models; building and equipment foundation design; concrete design; site development; and marine berth design. Mr. Mazur has supervised construction and repair operations, responded to construction deviations, developed design specifications and procedures, coordinated environmental permits and supervised project implementation.
Mr. Mazur's work in the field of forensic engineering for over 15 years includes inspection and analysis of failures in civil/structural engineering related to industrial, commercial, municipal, and residential buildings. Assignments have included construction defect litigation, foundation and superstructure failures, overhead crane accidents, fire and storm damage, deficiencies related to building code compliance, industrial standards, OSHA regulations, and contract specifications. Assignments have required depositions, and testifying in the courtroom as an expert witness on construction accident litigation, international arbitrations, premises liability, and property damage. His most recent work has been related to contractual disputes involving project cost analysis, schedule delays and analysis of critical path methodologies.
- Investigating construction defect allegations in several states.
- Investigating construction accident and identifying OSHA related issues.
- Investigating crane accidents.
- Investigating commercial and industrial property damage from weather related events.
- Performed causation analysis for collapses of commercial and industrial structures.
- Reviewed contractual disputes allegations between construction project parties.
- Reviewed Error and Omission allegations.
- B.S. Civil Engineering-University of Pittsburgh
- Registered Professional Engineer in 13 states