Zohaib A. Alvi
Consultant / P.E. / New York
Mr. Zohaib A. Alvi is a graduate of Farmingdale Sate College, State University of New York. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Technology with a dual major in Construction Management. He is a Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Mr. Alvi has experience in all phases of design and construction for a wide range of projects. His design and evaluation experience includes residential structures, retail stores, office buildings, landmark-designated properties in New York City, and structures owned by the Federal government including military branches. Mr. Alvi’s design experience specifically includes the structural design of steel and wood buildings, along with design of timber and helical piles, reinforced concrete, and masonry structures. He has also been involved in repair work on the major bridges and tunnels serving the New York City area.
Mr. Alvi’s forensic experience includes evaluation of structures following vehicle and debris impact, investigating cases of improper construction, evaluating building damage during or after construction, reviewing architectural, structural, and construction drawings, trip/slip and fall analysis, and assessment of damage due to moisture intrusion, flooding, and following severe weather such as hurricanes and snowstorms. He works with attorneys and law firms in various construction and premises liability cases. Mr. Alvi has also performed calculations detailing modes of failure, and prepared estimates using Xactimate following investigations when required.
- Construction Failures
- Investigate and analyze construction claims, construction accidents and failures in the civil/structural engineering disciplines related to residential and commercial structures.
- Investigate foundation damage and failures, structural deficiencies and failures, roof damage, storm damage. construction claims.
- Construction compliance with applicable building codes and contract specifications, impacts of construction errors, changes and damage, and construction jobsite safety issues.
- Premises liability cases for slip/trip and falls.
- Construction defect and liability cases.
Education and Registrations
- BS Architectural Technology with dual major in Construction Management Engineering Technology – Farmingdale Sate College, State University of New York
- Registered Professional Engineer – Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas
- Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT)
- The Snell Group – Infrared Imaging for Weatherization & Energy Audits – Certificate
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Member
- International Building Council (IBC) – Certified Member
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) – Member