Zohaib A. Alvi
Consultant / P.E. / New York City
Mr. Zohaib A. Alvi is a graduate of Farmingdale State College, State University of New York. Mr. Alvi earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Technology with a dual major in Construction Management. He is a Licensed Professional Engineer in Connecticut, New York and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Alvi has experience in all phases of design and construction for a wide range of projects. Design and evaluation experience includes residential structures, retail stores, office buildings, landmark designated properties in New York City, and structures owned by the Federal government. Mr. Alvi’s design experience specifically includes the structural design of steel and wood buildings, along with design of timber and helical piles, reinforced concrete, and masonry structures. Mr. Alvi has also been involved in repair work at the major bridges and tunnels serving the New York City area.
Mr. Alvi’s forensic experience includes evaluation of structures following accidents, investigating cases of improper construction, and assessment of damage due to moisture intrusion, flooding, wear and tear, and following severe weather such as hurricanes and snowstorms. Mr. Alvi has also performed calculations detailing modes of failure, and prepared estimates using Xactimate following investigations when required.
- Investigate and analyze construction claims, construction accidents and failures in the civil/structural engineering disciplines related to residential and commercial structures.
- Investigate foundation damage and failures, structural deficiencies and failures, roof damage, storm damage. construction claims.
- Construction compliance with applicable building codes and contract specifications, impacts of construction errors, changes and damage, and construction jobsite safety issues.
Education and Registrations
- BS Architectural Technology with dual major in Construction Management Engineering Technology – Farmingdale Sate College, State University of New York
- Registered Professional Engineer – Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, and Texas
- Certified XL Tribometrist (CXLT)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) – Associate Member
- International Building Council (IBC) – Certified Member
- Past Memberships – Engineers Without Borders (EWB), American Concrete Institute (ACI),
- American Institute for Steel Construction (AISC)