Mr. Amor Camatcho graduated from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, where he earned a B.S. degree in Architectural Engineering. A registered professional engineer, he has over 25 years of structural engineering experience and specializes in residential, commercial, and industrial design.
Mr. Camatcho has provided structural design expertise on various types of projects throughout his career, including single- and multi-family residences, and manufactured and modular housing. His commercial/industrial project experience includes both design and construction administration. He has designed with various building construction materials, including timber, steel, reinforced masonry, and concrete, to produce plans that account for the proper gravity and lateral resisting elements for wind, seismic, and snow loads based on the various model building codes.
In his managerial role at Rimkus, Mr. Camatcho’s primary responsibilities include structural and construction evaluations; construction document and code compliance reviews; and water intrusion investigations. Additional tasks include technical reviews and evaluations of construction vibration; roof and exterior cladding; swimming pools; site grading; and premises liability, including accessibility, slip/trip/fall claims, and falls from high elevations.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Architectural Engineering, B.S.: California Polytechnic State University (1982)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia
• Level 2 Building Envelope Inspector Certification: Exterior Design Institute
• Certified CXLT Tribometrist: Excel Tribometers, LLC
• Aquatic Facility Operator: National Recreation and Park Association