Andrew R. Carpenter
Principal Consultant / P.E. / Chicago
Mr. Carpenter has over 20 years of experience as a chemical engineer performing scientific investigation of fires, explosions, chemical process accidents, chemical releases, reactive chemical accidents, fires, and explosions. Additionally, he has extensive background in process safety, process hazard analysis and risk assessment, combustible dust hazard evaluation, occupational health and safety consulting, and hazard recognition.
Mr. Carpenter’s accident investigations have included residential, commercial, and industrial fires and explosions, dust explosions, thermal decomposition of reactive chemical, chemical incompatibility incidents, chemical releases and spills, carbon monoxide exposure, and failure analysis of a wide variety of consumer and industrial products.
Mr. Carpenter’s chemical and industrial facility process and safety investigations have included the study of facility start-up operations, evaluation of maximum production capacity, historical performance, process safety assessments, and occupational health and safety assessments. In addition, he is a qualified process hazard analysis (PHA) facilitator and has conducted numerous HAZOP, What-If, and LOPA studies.
- Fires and explosions
- Chemical/Industrial accidents
- Chemical releases and spills
- Process and industrial equipment failures
- Fuel gas systems, equipment and distribution
- Chemical, industrial and commercial safety
- Combustible dust hazard assessment
- Process Hazard Assessment (HAZOP , LOPA, HAZID)
- Process Safety
- Occupational Health and Safety
- M. ChE Chemical Engineering – Illinois Institute of Technology
- B.S. Chemical Engineering – Iowa State University
- Registered Professional Engineer – Illinois