Mr. Antonio Piña holds a B.S. in Architectural Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas.
He has extensive experience in architectural/structural engineering, emphasizing design, construction, and performance evaluation of low- and mid-rise institutional, commercial, and residential buildings. Additionally, he has extensive experience performing inspections of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings utilizing various methods of access to roofs, exterior building envelopes, interior, and attic spaces.
Mr. Piña’s areas of expertise include structural analysis, design, and performance analysis of cast-in-place concrete structures, steel building systems; masonry structures; and wood-framed structures. He has performed design work, prepared contract documents, performed quality control and structural integrity investigations, as well as specified and supervised the implementation of retrofit procedures for existing structures. He has further knowledge in design and development planning, site feasibility planning, the strength of materials, architectural components, materials quantity estimating, cost estimating, surveying, and soil mechanics. Additionally, he has inspected bridges throughout the State of Texas, following guidelines from the Federal Highway Administration and the Texas Department of Transportation. Further, he has prepared reports for the Texas Department of Transportation related to the bridge inspections.
Mr. Piña has performed work on assignments involving building code compliance, construction defects, foundation design and repairs, catastrophic structural failures, post-fire structural issues, roof damage and repairs, storm damage to structures, flooring damage, and drainage problems. He has also assisted with moisture infiltration and mold investigations to determine the cause and origin of the moisture source. Additionally, he had completed investigations of indoor air quality problems due to molds and other contaminants in apartment units and private residences.
Mr. Piña has performed estimates for insurance companies and attorneys using Xactware’s Xactimate28 and X1 software. He knows the appraisal process and has assisted insurance companies and attorneys when the insured evoked the Demand for Appraisal.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Architectural Engineering, B.S.: Drexel University (2004)
• Professional Engineer: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas
• Licensed Texas Mold Assessment Consultant (MAC), MAC1960
• Memberships: American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI), Texas Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE), National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE), The International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC), American Concrete Institute (ACI)
• OSHA 30: Construction Industry Outreach Training
• 40-hour Mold Assessment Consultant Course
• Certified Aerial Boom Lift & Scissor Lift Operator