Mr. Schockman holds an A.A.S. in Fire Science and is currently pursuing a B.S. in Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology. He is a Certified Fire Investigator through the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI), a Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator through the National Association of Fire Investigators (NAFI), and a certified Fire Safety Inspector, Fire Instructor, and Firefighters and HAZMAT Technician.
He has been a firefighter in the State of Ohio since 2004, including time with the Ohio Air National Guard and the Air Force Reserve stationed at multiple locations across the country.
As a forensic fire investigator, Mr. Schockman is responsible for overseeing and determining the origin and cause of fire and explosion scenes as well as handling fire scenes that lead to subrogation. He has been the lead expert on vehicle fires (cars, RVs, construction, etc.), agricultural fires (silos, confinement systems, etc.), commercial occupancy fires, residential fires, and large chemical/plant fires and explosions.
Mr. Schockman has completed numerous educational seminars and continuing education courses in the field of fire and explosion investigations. He has testified in court and has been qualified as an expert witness in court proceedings pertaining to fire origin and causation. Mr. Schockman has coordinated and instructed continuing educational training programs involving the investigation of fires to public fire and police officials, insurance adjusters, and investigators. His teachings include live-fire training involving structures, vehicles, and products.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Fire Protection & Safety Engineering Technology, B.S.: Eastern Kentucky University
• Fire Science and EMS, A.A.S.: Sinclair Community College
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire and Explosion Investigator: National Association of Fire Investigators
• Firefighter II: Ohio
• Hazmat Technician: IFSAC
• Fire Safety Inspector: Ohio
• Fire Investigation Technician: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Fire Pattern Certification: Public Agency Training Council (2016)
• Paramedic: Ohio (2007)
• EMT-Basic: Ohio (2004