Mr. Carmelo Garrido holds B.S. and M.S. degrees Civil Engineering. He has over 16 years of consulting engineering experience and is a registered professional engineer in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas, and is a registered structural engineer in Illinois.
Mr. Garrido’s extensive professional experience includes the structural design, coordination, and management of various high-rise and mid-rise building projects in addition to oversight of a structural engineering department dealing with aluminum composite material (ACM) panels. Mr. Garrido also has extensive field experience as a threshold inspector for concrete condominium and parking garage projects.
Mr. Garrido has significant experience in the investigation of damage to existing commercial and residential building structures from such causes as wind and hail, construction vibration, and structural collapse. His forensic investigation experience includes precast element failures, corrosion investigation of existing buildings, as well as structural wall failures.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Structural Engineering, M.S.: Purdue University (2003)
• Civil/Structural Engineering, B.S.: Purdue University (2001)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Florida (# 65607), Georgia (# 032002), Alabama (# 30751), Maryland (# 37980), North Carolina (#37162), South Carolina (#28378), and Tennessee (#114426)
• Registered Structural Engineer: Illinois (# 081006674)
• Memberships: Structural Engineers Association of Georgia; American Institute of Steel Construction; American Concrete Institute; Chi Epsilon; Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute