Mr. Christopher Cope holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Mechanical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer in Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi.
Mr. Cope’s professional practice is focused in the areas of accident reconstruction, vehicle mechanical failure analysis, and mechanical engineering. He has extensive education and 24 years of hands-on experience in accident reconstruction, vehicular failure analysis, lightning loss analysis, product failure analysis, and vehicular and residential fire cause and origin inspections.
Mr. Cope has performed numerous vehicular accident reconstructions during his professional career, which include passenger vehicle accidents, vehicle rollovers, commercial vehicle accidents, car-to-pedestrian and car-to-bicycle accidents, and low-speed collisions. He has used photogrammetry, accident simulation software, the Bosch Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) system, Hyundai & Kia crash data retrieval systems, total stations, video recording, 3D modeling software, and accelerometers as part of the investigations.
Mr. Cope has also evaluated numerous mechanical failures associated with vehicular systems and components which include brakes, steering, tires, seatbelts, engines, fuel systems, suspensions, and seat heaters. He has also investigated a variety of product-related failures which include refrigerators, clothes washers, clothes dryers, plumbing components, heat pump and air conditioning systems, gas furnaces, ladders, electric and gas ranges, and water heaters.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Mechanical Engineering, B.S.: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1998)
• Mechanical Engineering, M.S.: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2001)
• Licensed Professional Engineer: Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi
• Certified Traffic Accident Reconstructionist: The Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstructionists (ACTAR #3518)
• Remote Pilot Airman Certificate, sUAS Rating
• Memberships: American Society of Mechanical Engineers; Society of Automotive Engineers; National Fire Protection Association