Mr. Curt Ensley holds B.S. and M.S. degrees in Civil Engineering with a specialization in structural engineering. He is a registered professional engineer in 13 states and has over 25 years of consulting engineering experience in structural analysis, design, evaluation, and inspections. He has been a USGBC-certified LEED Accredited Professional since 2009.
Mr. Ensley has extensive experience with numerous types of construction projects including worship, educational, emergency, medical, single-family, multi-family, office, retail, and industrial facilities, as well as many non-typical projects. He has designed landscape elements, site civil structures, water features, monuments, and artwork for public and privately owned parks, campuses, and other public spaces. His experience includes evaluation and condition assessments on buildings and structures for rehabilitation, renovation, modification, and additions.
Over his career, Mr. Ensley has conducted investigations of a variety of building systems such as framing systems, roofing systems, building envelopes, foundations, exterior cladding, and interior coverings. At Rimkus, he performs forensic investigations and provides expert opinions for insurance companies, law firms, construction firms, and property owners regarding damage/failure cause and origin, code compliance, and repairs/remediation. His work includes inspections and evaluation of reported damage from a variety of incidences including vehicle impacts, fire, wind, hail, water intrusion, vibrations, snow/ice, and construction-related defects.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Civil Engineering, M.S.C.E.: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1996)
• Civil Engineering, B.S.C.E.: University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1994)
• Registered Professional Engineer: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia
• LEED AP Building Design + Construction
• Honors: Tau Beta Pi – Engineering Honor Society, Chi Epsilon – Civil Engineering Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi – National Honor Society
• Memberships: American Society of Civil Engineers, National Society of Professional Engineers, Professional Engineers of North Carolina