Mr. Dale King is an Accredited Collision Reconstructionist with the Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #997). He is a licensed private Investigator in Texas.
He has worked in the law enforcement profession for 11 years, where his duties consisted of patrol, criminal investigation, and collision investigation and reconstruction. Mr. King has over 30 years of experience and over 1,400 hours of technical training in the field of collision investigation and reconstruction.
He has been involved in the investigation of over 3,000 traffic collisions during his career, ranging from minor property damage to multiple vehicle and fatality collisions, including commercial vehicles, insurance fraud, and emergency vehicles.
Mr. King has experience in lamp analysis, low-speed and high-speed collisions, daytime and nighttime visibility issues, and forensic mapping of collision sites including the preparation of demonstrative diagrams. He is also familiar with the Department of Transportation codes as they relate to commercial vehicle collisions and safety issues that are involved with the reconstruction of commercial vehicle collisions. Mr. King is trained in the process of downloading and preserving data from commercial and passenger vehicle data recorders and the analysis of both. Mr. King’s primary focus is on commercial vehicle collisions.
Mr. King is trained and certified in the use of Unmanned Aerial Systems (Drone) to document roadway evidence in order to create 3D point clouds for analysis.
Mr. King has also given deposition and trial testimony in both civil and criminal issues throughout the U.S. for plaintiff and defense counsel.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Basic Accident Investigation: Alvin Community Police Academy (1987)
• Licensed Private Investigator (Manager): Texas
• Licensed Advanced Peace Officer (Inactive)
• Licensed Police Instructor: Texas
• Accredited Collision Reconstructionist: Accreditation Commission for Traffic Accident Reconstruction (ACTAR #997)
• Certified Remote Drone Pilot: US DOT FAA (December 2020)
• International Network of Collision Reconstructionist (INCR): Member
• The National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists (NAPARS): Member