David A. Mager
Fire Consultant / IAAI-CFI, PI / Chicago/Willowbrook
Mr. Mager is an International Association of Arson Investigators Certified Fire Investigator with a vehicle fire endorsement, Illinois State Fire Marshal Office Certified Fire Investigator, Certified Fire Officer II, Hazardous Materials Technician “B”, and was an Illinois Dept. of Public Health Certified Paramedic. He is also a Certified Private Investigator in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, and Wisconsin.
Mr. Mager was a Deputy Fire Chief and had been the Training Officer with the Midlothian Fire Department in Illinois. He was an Assistant Team Leader for the Southwest Hazardous Materials Response Team and routinely responded to fire and hazardous materials incidents, investigated fires, and conducted life safety inspections within the municipality.
He has an extensive professional background in the areas of firefighting and fire investigations and has investigated over 1,000 fires including large multi-million-dollar commercial losses. His professional experience includes fire and explosion investigations, fire protection and detection system inspections, as well as hazardous materials mitigations.
As an International Association of Arson Investigators Certified Instructor and a Certified Instructor II through the Illinois State Fire Marshal Office, Mr. Mager has conducted numerous live-fire training exercises for firefighters and fire investigators using authentic room furnishings, as well as classes on fire behavior and evidence preservation.
As a forensic investigator, he performs scene investigation and analysis of fire and explosion incidents, including origin and cause determination, analysis of products, and circumstances surrounding the initiation of the fire.
Education and Certifications
• Certified Fire Investigator: Illinois State Fire Marshall
• Certified Fire Investigator: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Private Investigator: Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and Missouri
• Certified Instructor: International Association of Arson Investigators
• Certified Fire Officer I: Illinois State Fire Marshall
• Certified Fire Officer II: Illinois State Fire Marshall
• Certified Hazardous Materials Technician “B”: Illinois State Fire Marshall
• Certified Fire Department Incident Safety Officer: Illinois State Fire Marshall
• Fire Service Vehicle Operator
• Certified Firefighter III
• Certified Fire Instructor II
• Hazardous Materials Incident Commander
• Hazardous Materials Technician Level ‘B’
• Basic Concept of Terrorism
• Incident Safety Officer
• Fire Apparatus Engineer
• Technical Rescue Awareness