Mr. David Gomez earned a B.E. degree in Marine Engineering and obtained a U.S. Coast Guard Second Assistant Engineer license. He is a licensed professional engineer in the states of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana.
He has extensive industry experience in plant engineering, facilities management, and construction project management in the maritime, cultural arts, entertainment, commercial, and residential real estate sectors. His skills and industry knowledge cover areas of planning, design, construction, commissioning, implementation, operations, and compliance. He regularly performs root-cause analyses including mechanical HVAC failures, building envelope moisture infiltrations, electrical distribution switch malfunctions, and structural foundation water intrusions.
As a forensic engineer, Mr. Gomez is responsible for evaluating HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, and structural issues for residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
• Marine Engineering, B.E.: State University of New York, Maritime College, 2002
• Registered Professional Engineer: New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana
• EPA Universal Refrigeration Certificate
• U.S. Coast Guard Second Assistant Engineer, Unlimited Horsepower (Continuity)
• OSHA 10-hour Safety Course
• NY Fire Safety Director (inactive)